What We Believe
In regard to the Bible:
- We believe that the 66 books of the Bible include and are completed in the Old and New Testaments.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God and is fully inspired without error. Therefore, our ministry emphasizes the exposition of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, line upon line, precept upon precept.
- We believe the Bible is the infallible rule of faith and practice and as such, are the supreme authority in everything it teaches.
- We believe the final guide to the interpretation of Bible is the Bible itself.
- The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and, therefore, provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and history of life, mankind, the earth, and the universe. Therefore, we believe in God’s creation of the earth, stars and universe to have occurred in conformance with the Genesis account as a literal six (6) day creation.
In regard to God
- We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; and that this triune God created all, upholds all and governs all.
- We believe in God The Father, an infinite personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, conceived by the Holy Spirit to be born in virgin birth as a man upon this earth. We believe in His sinless life, miracles, teachings, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and His future personal visible return to earth. We affirm that Jesus Christ is fully God in substance and fully man in incarnation, and that all attributes of both His deity and humanity are fully intact in His person.
- We believe in God the Holy Spirit, who came from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; we believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher and Guide.
In regard to man:
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but all men have fallen into sin and; therefore, are under condemnation, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved.
- We believe that salvation is a gift of God given to man by grace and received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
- We believe Christ has already done everything necessary by His death on the cross to remove our sins and to make us holy from God’s point of view.
Statement on the Sanctity of human Life:
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value human life. (Ps 139)
Acknowledgement of Agreement
It is necessary and required that all ministries, functions, pastors, elders and leaders of Calvary Rio Rancho operate and otherwise understand and agree with this Statement of Faith.